Facts about Sudan
In the Spotlight
10 Facts about Sudan
- The estimated population ofthe Sudan is 41,160,965.
- The nominal GDP of the Sudan is $115,874 billion, and the nominal per capita GDP is $2,841.
- The government in the Sudan is a dominant-party federal semi-presidential republic.
- The official languages in the Sudan are Arabic and English.
- The total area of the Sudan is 728,215 square miles (1,886,068 square kilometers).
- The currency of the Sudan is the Sudanese pound.
- People drive on the right side of the road in the Sudan.
- The Sudan has a 530-mile (853 km) coastline bordering the Red Sea.
- The countries bordering the Sudan by land, are Libya, South Sudan, Egypt, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Chad, and the Central African Republic.
- 97% of the Sudan’s population are followers of Islam, and most of them follow the Sunni form of Islam.